The third session of the Forum on Human Rights Democracy, and the Rule of Law will be held on 16-17 November 2021 in Geneva, Switzerland. The Forum’s theme is “Access to justice for all: a necessary element of democracy, rule of law and human rights protection”.
Ms. Jan Beagle, Director General of the International Development Law Organization was appointed Chairperson of the third session of the Forum. The 2021 Forum will take place from 16 to 17 November 2021 in Room XVII, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, and online. Deadline for registration is 14 November 2021. Viewers may also follow the event remotely on UN Web TV; it will be webcast live in all UN official languages.
Several contributions were submitted to the Forum by Member States, UN Mechanisms, International and Regional Organizations, as well as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), academics and experts in response to the call for inputs on the topics to be discussed during its third session.
The Journalists and Writers Foundation submitted an input concerning grave human rights violations, erosion of democracy and the rule of law in Turkey, to be discussed during the Forum on Human Rights, Democracy, and the Rule of Law under the Forum’s theme “Equal access to justice for all: a necessary element of democracy, rule of law and human rights protection.”
The Journalists and Writers Foundation submitted the following proposals of topics to be discussed during the Forum:
- The independence of the judiciary and equal access to justice
- Equal access to justice in the context of the states of emergencies
- Lessons learned: COVID-19 emergency and challenges to equal access to justice for all
- The role of civil society and human rights defenders in ensuring equal access to justice
- Judicial reform strategies to ensure equal access to justice
Journalists and Writers Foundation
56 W 45 Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10036
www.jwf.org | email@example.com
* JWF is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in New York State.
* JWF is associated with the United Nations Department of Global Communications.